Position: Art Specialist
Salary: Up to £14,083
Location: Epsom – Regular travel to other Fennies locations
Hours: 19.5 Hours a Week, Wednesday-Friday
Reports to: Specialist Lead
Working at Fennies is about loving what you do and having the passion to be the best at it!
If you’re an inspirational educator with a passion for providing ‘the right start for under 5s,’ then you belong at Fennies. We’ve been excelling in early years since 1992, and we’re opening new nurseries every year. We don’t acquire existing nurseries, so each of our settings is Fennies through and through, from our exceptional culture to our bespoke rooms. From day one, you’ll be supported by our tailored induction, and you’ll be given every opportunity to grow and develop in your career with guidance from the Fennies Academy.
Apply today to join our prestigious, family-run, award-winning nursery group.
As an Art Specialist, you'll be a creative educator who is passionate about Art and working in the early years with children aged 2-5. You'll create a curriculum with your colleagues from the other regions and liaise with the wider enhanced curriculum specialists to create overarching learning objectives that are in line with Fennies' enhanced curriculum plan. You'll create age-appropriate activities that encourage children's expressive art and design skills whilst focusing on the processes rather than the end result. You'll be a confident role model for the Fennies' culture and values and actively promote them at internal and external company events.
You’re the best at …
- Building caring, positive relationships with the children, parents, and teams at each of the nurseries in your region
- Introducing the children to new artists, techniques, concepts, mediums and materials through age-appropriate activities
- Creating a fun and engaging learning environment that you will role model to upskill the teams and inspire them in their own activities
- Monitoring the progress of the children and communicating this development with the child's key person and parents
- Recording videos to be uploaded to the Fennies YouTube channel for one day a week on a weekly basis
- Reviewing and reflecting on the programme regularly with your colleagues to ensure it is meeting the learning needs of the children
- Adapting your priorities depending on your workflow and showing flexibility by supporting other regions through your strong work ethic and organisation
- Answering parents' questions about the programme and contributing to the newsletters
What you know:
- It is essential that you have a passionate knowledge of Art
- You will have a good understanding of the EYFS framework and Birth to 5 Matters to be able to create activities in line with the abilities and developmental stages of each child
- You will use your knowledge of the EYFS to link your activities to the 7 areas of learning
- You will have experience working in childcare or teaching early years children
- The best practice for key person system, safeguarding, health & safety, confidentiality and any other relevant policies and procedures
- You will know how to drive and be in possession of a full clean driving licence and your own means of transport
We’re the best at …
- Onboarding staff correctly in a paid induction to ensure you feel confident and supported from day one of your career at Fennies
- Communicating within our teams in regular meetings to give and receive feedback, mentor and ensure we are succeeding together
- Prioritising your well-being by offering monthly events that help you progress in your life outside of Fennies. You can learn to mix cocktails, get advice of mortgages, try a meditation class and more!
- Providing new facilities to create an engaging environment for children to learn and for you to inspire your learners
- Competitive salaries that match or exceed our competitors, pension scheme, and staff discount for signing your children up to Fennies
- An electric company car provided after the satisfactory completion of your probation to get across your region or paid mileage if a car is unavailable
- A wide team of internal experts, which you'll be part of, and additional partnerships with external experts, such as Professor Sam Wass — from channel4’s Secret Lives of 4 and 5 Years Olds
- Well-being benefits, such as up to 33 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), team incentives, and events
- DBS check provided free of charge
- The Fennies Fresh Café provides an option of 3 free lunches served each day in our bespoke staff rooms, where you can relax
- Referral bonus of £500 for every friend or family member who join the Fennies family as a full-time employee
Love the sound of working with Fennies? Join us today!
‘Fennies Nurseries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore all successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and proof of identity will be required’