Position: Bank Staff
Salary: Up to £12 per hour
Location: 5 Blyth Road, Bromley, Kent, England, BR1 3RS
Hours: Zero hour contract
Reports to: Room Leader
Working at Fennies is about loving what you do and having the passion to be the best at it!
If you're an inspirational educator with a passion for providing 'the right start for under 5s,' then you belong at Fennies. We've been excelling in early years since 1992, and we're opening new nurseries every year. We don't acquire existing nurseries, so each of our settings is Fennies through and through, from our exceptional culture to our bespoke rooms. From day one, you'll be supported by our tailored induction, and you'll be given every opportunity to grow and develop in your career with guidance from the Fennies Academy.
Apply today to join our prestigious, family-run, award-winning nursery group.
As Bank Staff/a Lunchtime Assistant, you'll encourage the children in your care and build bonds with them and their families. You'll assist with the routines in your room, whether that be naptimes, mealtimes or creative activities. You'll help to keep the environments clean and tidy for the safety of the children. You'll be supported by your Room Leader and the Fennies Academy Team to develop your knowledge of early years and grow into the role.
You're the best at …
- Building caring relationships with children, families and your team
- Interacting with children in a respectful, responsible, age-appropriate way that is responsive to their needs
- Succeeding as a team by following the guidance of the Room Leader and making them aware of the children's needs
- Providing a consistent and reliable atmosphere to build trust
- Communicating and giving feedback to parents during handovers
- Telling managers your availability in advance of time and reliably committing to shifts
What you know:
- You have practical knowledge of the development stages of early years children. This could be through your time as a parent, caring for relatives or childminding experience, for example.
- The correct procedures for safeguarding, health & safety, and confidentiality and who to escalate concerns to
- How to safely administer First Aid (training provided for free through Fennies)
- How to prepare food, feed and change the children as instructed in line with each child's dietary requirements
We're the best at …
- Onboarding staff correctly in a paid induction to ensure you feel confident and supported from day one at Fennies
- Offering development opportunities with the guidance of our Fennies Academy Team, if you're looking to make a career in early years
- Giving you the flexibility to select hours that fit your schedule
- Communicating within our teams to give and receive updates
- Prioritising your well-being by offering monthly events that help you progress in your life outside of Fennies. You can learn to mix cocktails, get advice on mortgages, try a meditation class and more!
- Providing new facilities to create an engaging environment for children to learn and for you to inspire young learners
- Competitive salaries that match or exceed our competitors, pension scheme, staff discount for signing your children up to Fennies
- An internal Academy Team to develop your knowledge and offer you opportunities to develop in the early years
- Well-being benefits, such as treats and events
- Free First Aid training, DBS checks and uniform provided free of charge
- Choose between 3 free lunch options every day provided by The Fennies Fresh Café served in our bespoke staff rooms, where you can relax
Love the sound of working with Fennies? Join us today!
‘Fennies Nurseries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore all successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and proof of identity will be required’