Position: Mobile Nursery Chef
Salary: £13.90 per hour
Location: Across all Settings
Hours: Mon – Fri 8am-5pm
Reports to: Head of Catering
Required: A Level 2/3 Food Hygiene Certificate
Required: A Full, Clean Driving License with Own Car (Expenses Paid)
Working at Fennies is about loving what you do and having the passion to be the best at it!
Fennies has been excelling in the early years since 1992, and we're opening new nurseries every year. We don't acquire existing nurseries, so each of our settings is Fennies through and through, from our exceptional culture to our bespoke rooms. From day one, you’ll be supported by our tailored induction, and you’ll be given every opportunity to grow and develop in your career with guidance from the Fennies Academy.
Apply today to join our prestigious, family-run, award-winning nursery group.
Overview of the role
As a Nursery Mobile Chef, you will help to provide nutritious balanced meals at lunch, tea and snack time for children across our 17 nurseries. Working alongside our Head Chefs you will need to follow a rolling menu and adhere to dietary and health & safety requirements. You will be responsible for ensuring the kitchen equipment and areas are properly cleaned in line with company policies & procedures. You will work closely with the Nursery Chef to help order ingredients/stock and you will help with the overall running of the nursery kitchen. This a mobile role so you must be able to travel across all 17 sites, covering sick and annual leaves.
Driver with own car and clean license – Travel Expenses will be reimbursed
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary
- Refer a friend bonus
- Free uniform, free training and free DBS check
- Career Opportunities: Ongoing continuous development and career progression opportunities
Qualifications and experience
- Experience within a fast passed kitchen, from a good quality restaurant or hotel and must have enthusiasm for good quality food
- A Level 2/3 Certificate in Food hygiene is required
- Up to date Catering Qualification
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements and experience working to environmental standards
- The ability to relate and interact with children
- The ability to work as part of a team and follow instructions
- A willingness to learn new skills and ability to identify when they need to ask for support
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy (minimum level 1 Functional Skills, GCSE Maths and English grades D-F or equivalent).
- An introductory level in Child Development, Health and Social Care or similar entry level qualification is an advantage but not essential
- Excellent references and a clear enhanced DBS (DBS will be paid for by Fennies)
If you think you'd be a great addition to the team, we'd love to hear from you so get in touch today!