Position: Nursery Apprentice
Salary: Up to £13,190
Location: 29A Junction Road, Ealing, Greater London, England, W5 4XP
Reports to: Room Leader
Working at Fennies is about loving what you do and having the passion to be the best at it!
If you’re an inspirational educator with a passion for providing ‘the right start for under 5s,’ then you belong at Fennies. We’ve been excelling in early years since 1992, and we’re opening new nurseries every year. We don’t acquire existing nurseries, so each of our settings is Fennies through and through, from our exceptional culture to our bespoke rooms. From day one, you’ll be supported by our tailored induction, and you’ll be given every opportunity to grow and develop in your career with guidance from the Fennies Academy.
Apply today to join our prestigious, family-run, award-winning nursery group.
Do you love working with children? Do you have a genuine passion for early years education? Are you a driven and positive team member looking to build your career? Fennies will help!
As an Apprentice, you’ll be guided and supported by the Fennies Academy Team and upon successful completion, receive a recognised qualification in childcare. All whilst getting hands-on experience in an award-winning nursery setting. You’ll get to know the daily routines in the rooms, such as naptimes, mealtimes, and creative activities. And importantly, you’ll build bonds with children, parents and your team. Join Fennies to take the next steps in your career and become your best self.
You’re the best at …
- Actively developing your skills and being a positive and passionate team member
- Implementing your knowledge of Birth to 5 Matters and the EYFS
- Seeking support and advice to successfully complete your training with us and meet your deadlines
- Succeeding as a team by receiving feedback, following instructions and communicating effectively
- Building caring relationships with children, families and your team
- Creating a fun and engaging learning environment by showing initiative and imagination
What you know:
- You might not know it all yet, but you’ve got a good attitude and you’re willing to develop and learn
- A developing knowledge of birth to 5 development and the EYFS curriculum
- An eager interest in extracurricular activities, such as STEM, phonics, Makaton and yoga and their benefits for children
- Actively working towards a level 2/level 3 qualification in Childcare
- Have a minimum grade 4 or grade C in Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent)
- The best practice for key person system, safeguarding, health & safety, confidentiality
We’re the best at …
- Onboarding you correctly in a paid induction to ensure you feel confident and supported from day one of your career at Fennies
- Providing you with a support network to complete your training successfully
- Offering continued development and career progression opportunities
- Providing new facilities to create an engaging environment for children to learn and for you to inspire young learners
- Prioritising your well-being by offering monthly events that help you progress in your life outside of Fennies. You can learn to mix cocktails, get advice on mortgages, try a meditation class and more!
- Schemes so you can earn while you learn making your career progression financially supported
- 50% of all your travel, so your development is not help back by travel costs
- Internal education experts and specialists to support your development and to offer advise
- Additional partnerships with external experts, such as Professor Sam Wass — from channel4’s Secret Lives of 4 and 5 Years Olds
- Well-being benefits, such as up to 33 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), cycle to work scheme, team incentives, and events
- First Aid training, DBS check and uniform provided free of charge
- The Fennies Fresh Café provides an option of 3 free lunches served each day in our bespoke staff rooms, where you can relax
- Referral bonus of £500 for every friend or family member who join the Fennies family as a full-time employee
Love the sound of working with Fennies? Join us today!