Position: Nursery Deputy Manager
Salary: Up to £35,000
Location: 29A Junction Road, Ealing, Greater London, England, W5 4XP
Reports to: Nursery Manager
Working at Fennies is about loving what you do and having the passion to be the best at it!
If you’re an inspirational educator with a passion for providing ‘the right start for under 5s,’ then you belong at Fennies. We’ve been excelling in early years since 1992, and we’re opening new nurseries every year. We don’t acquire existing nurseries, so each of our settings is Fennies through and through, from our exceptional culture to our bespoke rooms. From day one, you’ll be supported by our tailored induction, and you’ll be given every opportunity to grow and develop in your career with guidance from the Fennies Academy.
Apply today to join our prestigious, family-run, award-winning nursery group.
As a Deputy Manager, you’ll build bonds with parents and children every day. You’ll ensure the settings are tidy, presentable and safe by completing daily checks and risk assessments. On your daily walkarounds, you’ll touch base with your team members, giving them the opportunity to give you necessary updates, whether that’s changing dietary requirements or feedback on team members, for example. You’ll be responsible for tracking staff attendance and sickness and communicating this information with the HR and Recruitment Teams so that the nursery runs smoothly. You’ll be a role model in the nursery and influence the setting with your positive attitude. On days when the Nursery Manager is absent, you’ll fulfil their duties. Fennies will support you with your continued development, and with new nurseries in our group opening every year, you’ll be given the guidance to progress to Nursery Manager.
You’re the best at …
- Building caring relationships with children, families, your team and the local community
- Welcoming new employees and new children into the nursery and implementing plans for them effectively, then supporting with the transitions of children and staff appraisals
- Collaborating with Fennies other nursery setting to build the Fennies community and bring the values to life
- Delegating tasks within your team and championing their strengths
- Ensuring the settings are well-staffed and have the necessary provisions to provide high-quality, educational childcare to the children
- Evaluating the performance in your settings and making improvements on a continuous basis
- Attending to the needs in your setting by being a responsible and supportive role model to your team and the children
What you know…
- A good knowledge of birth to 5 development and the EYFS curriculum and how to implement it into your setting
- Extracurricular activities, such as STEM, phonics, Makaton and yoga and their benefits in the early years
- Have a minimum of a level 2 qualification in Childcare and be working towards a level 3
- Have a minimum grade 4 or grade C in Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent)
- The correct implementation, audits and requirements for the key person, safeguarding, health & safety, and confidentiality systems are met
- How to safely administer medication, First Aid and critical care policies
- How to derive the solution for resolving issues and complaints as per Fennies' policies and procedures
- How to achieve the KPIs in your setting and ensure they are in line with Fennies mission statement
We’re the best at …
- Onboarding staff correctly in a paid induction to ensure you feel confident and supported from day one of your career at Fennies
- Providing internal and external learning programmes to meet statutory requirements and help you continue your development
- Hiring friendly and supportive team members who want to succeed together as part of the Fennies family
- Communicating updates and initiatives in regular meetings to give updates on procedures and receive feedback from your educators
- Prioritising your well-being by offering monthly events that help you progress in your life outside of Fennies. You can learn to mix cocktails, get advice on mortgages, try a meditation class and more!
- Providing new facilities to create an engaging environment for children to learn and for your teams to inspire young learners
- Offering you encouragement and support to grow in your career with the help of our internal Academy Team. Do you want to become a Nursery Manager? We’ll help you get there
- Competitive salaries that match or exceed our competitors, pension scheme, staff discount for signing your children up to Fennies
- Internal education experts and specialists to support you in your nursery, and additional partnerships with external experts, such as Professor Sam Wass — from channel4’s Secret Lives of 4 and 5 Years Olds
- Well-being benefits, such as up to 33 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), cycle to work scheme, team incentives, and events
- First Aid training and DBS check free of charge
- The Fennies Fresh Café provides an option of 3 free lunches served each day in our bespoke staff rooms, where you can relax
- Referral bonus of £500 for every friend or family member who joins the Fennies family as a full-time employee
- Quarterly performance bonuses
Love the sound of working with Fennies? Join us today!