Position: Nursery Housekeeper
Salary: Up to £11.50ph
Location: 17 Elm Grove, Wimbledon, Greater London, England, SW19 4HE
Hours: 15 Hours per week. 6pm-9pm (Mon-Fri)
Reports to: Nursery Managers
Working at Fennies is about loving what you do and having the passion to be the best at it!
Fennies has been excelling in the early years since 1992, and we're opening new nurseries every year. We don't acquire existing nurseries, so each of our settings is Fennies through and through, from our exceptional culture to our bespoke rooms. From day one, you’ll be supported by our tailored induction, and you’ll be given every opportunity to grow and develop in your career with guidance from the Fennies Academy.
Apply today to join our prestigious, family-run, award-winning nursery group.
As a Nursery Cleaner, you’ll ensure the setting is safe, clean and tidy for the welfare of the children and staff. You’ll follow the daily cleaning rota and the monthly deep clean rota as provided by your nursery to maintain the high standard in your setting. You’ll assess your surroundings on every shift by implementing your knowledge of the nurseries Risk Assessments and report any potential concerns through the correct channels to be resolved. You’ll be responsible for ensuring the building is secured when you leave each evening.
You’re the best at …
- Following cleaning schedules, to ensure the nurseries are hygienic and safe for the children and staff
- Organising the stock cupboard so you can foresee what needs to be ordered, whereby you'll inform the Housekeeping Supervisor in line with their ordering schedule
- Being presentable and well-mannered, particularly when parents and children are still in the setting
- Attending to the day-to-day cleaning rota and fulfilling the task listed on it, such as mopping, emptying bins, laundry duties, cleaning toilets, cleaning lockers and fridges
- Undertaking intense cleaning as part of the monthly cleaning rotas, such as deep-cleaning fixtures and fitting to a high standard to ensure the safety of the children and staff at the setting
- Working independently and often alone in a setting
What you know:
- The relevant regulations and procedures, such a Health & Safety, Risk Assessments and COSHH
- The importance of keeping all keys, fobs and similar items safe
- The correct procedures for safeguarding and confidentiality and who to escalate any concerns to (although you will not work directly with the children, it is the responsibility of everybody in the nursery to ensure the welfare of the children)
- Previous experience of being a cleaner in a Nursery, School, Hospital, education or healthcare setting is an advantage
We’re the best at …
- Onboarding staff correctly in a paid induction to ensure you feel confident and supported from day one of your career at Fennies
- Giving monthly Toolbox Talks around specific job responsibilities to keep you in the know
- Communicating within our teams to give and receive updates
- Offering you a specific setting/settings that you will take responsibility for
- Using up-to-date recognition technology to log your shifts
- Prioritising your well-being by offering monthly events that help you progress in your life outside of Fennies. You can learn to mix cocktails, get advice on mortgages, try a meditation class and more!
- Competitive salaries that match or exceed our competitors and the option to opt into the pension scheme
- Well-being benefits, such as treats and events
- DBS checks provided free of charge
- The option to work overtime when the setting is holding events or Open Days
- Part-time, evening shifts (18:00-21:00) to fit your lifestyle
Love the sound of working with Fennies? Join us today!
‘Fennies Nurseries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore all successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and proof of identity will be required’