Position: Nursery Manager
Salary: Up to £50,000
Reports to: Quality Development Manager
Working at Fennies is about loving what you do and having the passion to be the best at it!
If you’re an inspirational educator with a passion for providing ‘the right start for under 5s,’ then you belong at Fennies. We’ve been excelling in early years since 1992, and we’re opening new nurseries every year. We don’t acquire existing nurseries, so each of our settings is Fennies through and through, from our exceptional culture to our bespoke rooms. From day one, you’ll be supported by our tailored induction, and you’ll be given every opportunity to grow and develop in your career with guidance from the Fennies Academy.
Apply today to join our prestigious, family-run, award-winning nursery group.
As a Nursery Manager/Assistant Manager, you’ll build bonds with parents and children every day. On your daily walkarounds, you’ll touch base with your team members, giving them the opportunity to give you necessary updates. You’ll be responsible for tracking staff attendance and sickness and communicating this information with the HR and Recruitment Teams. You’ll be a role model in the nursery and influence the setting with your positive attitude. You’ll be a caring and compassionate leader who sincerely cares for your team and the children in your nursery. You’ll guide the nursery in the right direction with the shared Fennies goal — to provide ‘the right start for under 5s.’
You’re the best at …
- Building caring relationships with children, families, your team and the local community
- Leading your team to be the best childcare educators through your guidance, passion and drive
- Communicating with your team and the families at your nursery through regular updates
- Welcoming new employees and new children into the nursery and implementing plans for them effectively, then supporting them with continued development plans
- Collaborating with Fennies other nursery settings to build the Fennies community and bring the values to life
- Ensuring the settings are well-staffed and have the necessary provisions to provide high-quality, educational childcare to the children
- Evaluating the performance in your settings and making improvements on a continuous basis
- Monitoring the children’s learning and development and the reports with the family and staff members
- Advising Room Leaders on initiatives and by actively developing their skills being a responsible and supportive role model
What you know:
- A good knowledge of birth to 5 development and the EYFS curriculum and the implementation of others’ knowledge in your nursery
- Have a minimum of a level 2 qualification in Childcare and be working towards a level 3
- Have a minimum grade 4 or grade C in Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent)
- The correct implementation, audits and requirements for the key person, safeguarding, health & safety, and confidentiality systems are met
- How to safely administer medication, First Aid and critical care policies
- The preparations and responsibilities before for Ofsted visits
- How to derive the solution for resolving issues and complaints as per Fennies' policies and procedures
- How to achieve the KPIs in your setting and ensure they are in line with Fennies mission statement
We’re the best at …
- Onboarding staff correctly in a paid induction to ensure you feel confident and supported from day one of your career at Fennies
- Hiring friendly and supportive team members who want to succeed together as part of the Fennies family
- Communicating updates and initiatives in regular meetings to give and receive your nursery’s feedback
- Prioritising your well-being by offering monthly events that help you progress in your life outside of Fennies. You can learn to mix cocktails, get advice on mortgages, try a meditation class and more!
- Providing new facilities to create an engaging environment for children to learn and for your teams to inspire young learners
- Staying up to date on industry news and methods and supporting your implementation of updates in the nursery.
- Competitive salaries that match or exceed our competitors, pension scheme, staff discount for signing your children up to Fennies
- Internal education experts and specialists to support you in your nursery, and additional partnerships with external experts, such as Professor Sam Wass — from channel4’s Secret Lives of 4 and 5 Years Olds
- Well-being benefits, such as up to 38 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), cycle to work scheme, team incentives, and events
- First Aid training and DBS check free of charge
- The Fennies Fresh Café provides an option of 3 free lunches served each day in our bespoke staff rooms, where you can relax
- Referral bonus of £500 for every friend or family member who joins the Fennies family as a full-time employee
- Quarterly performance bonuses
Love the sound of working with Fennies? Join us today!
‘Fennies Nurseries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore all successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and proof of identity will be required’