Position: Nursery Room Leader
Salary: Up to £30,000
Location: 29A Junction Road, Ealing, Greater London, England, W5 4XP
Reports to: Nursery Manager
If you’re an inspirational educator with a passion for providing ‘the right start for under 5s,’ then you belong at Fennies. We’ve been excelling in early years since 1992, and we’re opening new nurseries every year. We don’t acquire existing nurseries, so each of our settings is Fennies through and through, from our exceptional culture to our bespoke rooms. From day one, you’ll be supported by our tailored induction, and you’ll be given every opportunity to grow and develop in your career with guidance from the Fennies Academy.
Apply today to join our prestigious, family-run, award-winning nursery group.
As a Deputy Room Leader/Room Leader, you’ll build bonds with parents and children and support your team every day. You’ll be a role model and aid the implementation of the key person, health & safety and safeguarding systems. You’ll help with the routines in your room, whether that be naptimes, mealtimes, or creative activities. You’ll be responsible for delegating responsibilities fairly in your room and supporting the Management Team in your nursery. We will support you to take the next steps in your journey and become your best self.
You’re the best at …
- Building caring relationships with children, families and your team
- Inspiring those around you to be creative and empowered learners through engaging experiences
- Leading your room by being an attentive and responsible role model
- Succeeding as a team and with children and parents by effectively communicating and giving feedback
- Creating a fun and engaging learning environment by showing initiative and imagination
What you know:
- A good knowledge of birth to 5 development and the EYFS curriculum
- Extracurricular activities, such as STEM, phonics, Makaton and yoga
- A level 2 qualification in Childcare and be actively working towards a level 3 or already have your level 3
- Have a minimum grade 4 or grade C in Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent)
- The best practice for key person system, safeguarding, health & safety, confidentiality
We’re the best at …
- Onboarding staff correctly in a paid induction to ensure you feel confident and supported from day one of your career at Fennies
- Communicating within our teams in regular meetings to give and receive feedback, mentor and ensure we are succeeding together
- Prioritising your well-being by offering monthly events that help you progress in your life outside of Fennies. You can learn to mix cocktails, get advice on mortgages, try a meditation class and more!
- Hiring friendly and supportive team members who want to succeed together as part of the Fennies family
- Providing new facilities to create an engaging environment for children to learn and for you to inspire young learners
- Competitive salaries that match or exceed our competitors, pension scheme, staff discount for signing your children up to Fennies
- Internal education experts and specialists to support you in your rooms, and additional partnerships with external experts, such as Professor Sam Wass — from channel4’s Secret Lives of 4 and 5 Years Olds
- Well-being benefits, such as up to 33 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), cycle to work scheme, team incentives, and events
- First Aid training, DBS check and uniform provided free of charge
- The Fennies Fresh Café provides an option of 3 free lunches served each day in our bespoke staff rooms, where you can relax
- Referral bonus of £500 for every friend or family member who join the Fennies family as a full-time employee
Love the sound of working with Fennies? Join us today!
‘Fennies Nurseries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore all successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and proof of identity will be required’