Position: Third in Charge + Room Leader
Salary: Up to £29,000
Location: 92 Addiscombe Road, Croydon, CR0 5PP
Reports to: Nursery Manager
Working at Fennies is about loving what you do and having the passion to be the best at it!
If you’re an inspirational educator with a passion for providing ‘the right start for under 5s,’ then you belong at Fennies. We’ve been excelling in early years since 1992, and we’re opening new nurseries every year. We don’t acquire existing nurseries, so each of our settings is Fennies through and through, from our exceptional culture to our bespoke rooms. From day one, you’ll be supported by our tailored induction, and you’ll be given every opportunity to grow and develop in your career with guidance from the Fennies Academy.
Apply today to join our prestigious, family-run, award-winning nursery group.
As a Third in Charge, you’ll build bonds with parents and children every day.
You’ll help with the routines in your room, whether that be naptimes, mealtimes or creative activities. You’ll be responsible for delegating responsibilities fairly in your room and supporting your team so that they develop their skills. You’ll be the Designated Safeguarding Lead in your nursery therefore you’ll be responsible for actively implementing the correct procedures at all times. On days when the Deputy Manager is absent, you’ll fulfil their duties. You’ll be a role model in all your activities, whether that be your implementation of learning activities, your positive and caring attitude or mentoring your team member. If you’re a Room Leader looking to take the next step or an experienced Third in Charge who wants to develop, then Fennies will help you get there.
You’re the best at …
- Building caring relationships with children, families and your team
- Welcoming new employees and new children into your room and implementing plans for them effectively
- Inspiring those around you to be creative and empowered learners through engaging experiences and by designing a fun environment that encourages them to grow
- Communicating with parents on the activities in the room, tracking progress and ensuring every parent knows who their key person is
- Leading your room by being an attentive and responsible role model in the way you interact with the children and implement policies and procedures
- Supporting the Management Team by effectively communicating their instruction to your room and giving feedback on your team’s development for appraisals and mentoring
- Training your team to reach their full potential and influencing positive change in your setting
What you know:
- A good knowledge of birth to 5 development and the EYFS curriculum
- Extracurricular activities, such as STEM, phonics, Makaton and yoga
- Have a minimum of a level 2 qualification in Childcare and be working towards a level 3
- Have a minimum grade 4 or grade C in Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent)
- The best practice for key person system, safeguarding, health & safety, confidentiality
- How to safely administer medication, First Aid and critical care policies
- How to derive the solution for resolving issues and complaints as per Fennies’ policies and procedures whilst consulting your line manager
We’re the best at …
- Onboarding staff correctly in a paid induction to ensure you feel confident and supported from day one of your career at Fennies
- Hiring friendly and supportive team members who want to succeed together as part of the Fennies family
- Communicating within our teams in regular meetings to give and receive feedback, mentor and ensure we are succeeding together
- Prioritising your well-being by offering monthly events that help you progress in your life outside of Fennies. You can learn to mix cocktails, get advice on mortgages, try a meditation class and more!
- Providing new facilities to create an engaging environment for children to learn and for you to inspire young learners
- Offering you encouragement and support to grow in your career with the help of our internal Academy Team. Do you want to become a Nursery Manager? We’ll help you get there
- Competitive salaries that match or exceed our competitors, pension scheme, staff discount for signing your children up to Fennies
- Internal education experts and specialists to support you in your rooms, and additional partnerships with external experts, such as Professor Sam Wass — from channel4’s Secret Lives of 4 and 5 Years Olds
- Well-being benefits, such as up to 33 days of annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), cycle to work scheme, team incentives, and events
- First Aid training, DBS check and uniform provided free of charge
- The Fennies Fresh Café provides an option of 3 free lunches served each day in our bespoke staff rooms, where you can relax
- Referral bonus of £500 for every friend or family member who joins the Fennies family as a full-time employee
Love the sound of working with Fennies? Join us today!