Position: HR Manager
Salary £40,000 to £45,000
Contract: 12 months maternity cover
Location: The Old School House, 1A Hook Road, Epsom, Surrey, England, KT19 8TH
Reports to: Director of Education
We are currently looking for an experienced HR manager for Maternity cover for a period of 12 months.
Working closely with key stakeholders you will be responsible for delivering HR people practice and managing the day-to-day operational aspects of HR as as-well as managing a small team of HR Consultants based across Fennies Nurseries.
Safety and safeguarding is at the heart of every role within Fennies nurseries. The HR Manager is an exemplary and knowledgeable champion for everything associated with safeguarding our children and our teams. They are a leader of ensuring that understanding and awareness exists in all teams and champion for every aspect of safeguarding including but not limited to key processes such as safer recruitment, Safeguarding notifications, and DBS disclosures.
Further Key responsibilities include:
- Providing support, coaching and guidance regarding key employee relations and HR queries.
- Handling any escalated Employee Relations issues and meetings.
- Maintain an awareness of employment law changes and regularly update the People and Operations teams.
- Regular Reporting of Key Metrics within the business to directors and stakeholders
- Responsible for managing the onboarding process, ensuring 100% Rigorous Safer Recruitment and compliance across the business and smooth induction into the business for new starters.
- Maintaining compliance by regularly reviewing necessary process and procedures
- Ensure core HR policies and procedures are regularly reviewed and updated.
- Supporting reviews of Reward and Benefits across the company
- Training and development of Nursery Management Teams
- Leads the HR team to ensure high levels of engagement across the business, through positive relationships and collaborative work.
- Promote a positive working environment within Fennies, encouraging HR Hubs, hearing concerns raised and advocating BUPA benefits to all
- CIPD qualified
- Strong organisational and management skills combined with attention to detail
- Good planning, prioritisation, and problem-solving capability
- Good coaching and delegation skills
- Broad knowledge of HR practices and principles
- Positive Can-do Attitude
- Passion for coaching and developing others
Love the sound of working with Fennies? Join us today!
‘Fennies Nurseries is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore all successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and proof of identity will be required’