What will you be doing?
As a Nursery Chef you will take responsibility for providing nutritious balanced meals at breakfast, lunch, tea and snack time our nursery in Walton-on-Thames. You will need to follow a rolling menu and adhere dietary and health and safety requirements. You will also take responsibility of ordering ingredients and stock and for the overall running of the nursery kitchen and work closely alongside the Kitchen Assistant.
What are we looking for?
You’ll be hardworking and hungry to learn. What really matters is someone that is passionate about our mission and values and who will add value to our culture.
Your Fennies Journey
We like to give back to our teams by nurturing your well-being through continuous internal training and an extensive well-being program. At Fennies, our values are accountability, diversity, quality and leadership and our practitioners thrive within this forward-thinking practice with added support offered from our wider collective of experts in areas such as education, communications, and HR.
Qualifications and Experience
- Solid experience as a Chef or Cook, ideally from an education or care background
- Up to date Food Hygiene certificate
- Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
- Experience working to environmental standards
- Excellent references and a clear enhanced DBS (DBS will be paid for by Fennies)
- The ability to relate and interact with children
- The ability to work as part of a team and follow instructions
- A willingness to learn new skills and ability to identify when they need to ask for support
- A reasonable level of IT skills would be an advantage
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy (minimum level 1 Functional Skills, GCSE Maths and English grades D-F or equivalent).
- If you have GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths grades A-C you will be able to start on the advanced apprenticeship immediately
An introductory level in Child Development, Health and Social Care or similar entry level qualification is an advantage but not essential
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary: Up to £12.00 per hour plus benefits
- Up to 25 days holiday
- Refer a friend bonus
- Free uniform, free training and free DBS check
- Career Opportunities: Ongoing continuous development and early years quality training and mentoring
If you think you’d be a great addition to the team, we’d love to hear from you so get in touch today!