- Salary and benefits: From £9,000-£13,190 per annum
Overview of the role
As part of our Apprenticeship programme we work in conjunction with two leading training providers, to offer you the opportunity to complete an Intermediate (Level 2 or Level 3) Apprenticeship in Children’s and Young Peoples Workforce within our growing chain of nurseries.
Courses normally run for 13 months and begin after passing a successful probation period . We are pleased to offer above the National Minimum Apprentice Wage as well as offering other benefits. You will gain experience in all areas of day to day nursery life and embrace a sound knowledge of current good childcare practices, to start a fulfilling career.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside qualified staff across all areas of the nursery age range of 3 months-5 years, to develop your practical skills in caring for young children under the overall guidance of the Nursery Manager and a mentor within the setting.
Your responsibilities will include supporting children in play and learning activities, everyday care routines such as meal and sleep times, enhancing the environment with displays of children’s work, observing and record keeping of children’s development and planning to meet their individual needs supported by establishing positive relationships with parents and careers.
To speak to a member of the team, simply message Maggie on WhatsApp*
*Only available during office hours
Salary and benefits
- Competitive salary: Up to £13,190 per year
- Up to 33 days holiday
- 50% off travel expenses to work
- Bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Lunch provided
- Monthly rewards
- Refer a friend bonus
- Free uniform, free training and free DBS check
- Career Opportunities: Ongoing continuous development and early years quality training and mentoring
Qualifications and experience
- The ability to relate and interact with children
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop positive relationships with parents, careers and other childcare professionals
- The ability to work as part of a team and follow instructions
- Good observation and organisational skills
- A willingness to learn new skills and ability to identify when they need to ask for support
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy, GCSE Maths and English (grades C or 4 and above)
- A reasonable level of IT skills would be an advantage
An introductory level in Child Development, Health and Social Care or a similar entry level qualification is an advantage but not essential. There is a 6 month probation period whereby you will then be added to the 13 month program either HAWK or Lifetime.
Fennies Day Nurseries is committed to the safeguarding of children, and child protection screening will apply to this post. Some of the information that we request is for this purpose.
||Up to £13,190