Position: Early Years Educator (Level 3)
Salary: Up to £27,000
Reports to: Room Leader
Working at Fennies is about loving what you do and having the passion to be the best at it!
If you’re an inspirational educator with a passion for providing ‘the right start for under 5s,’ then you belong at Fennies. We’ve been excelling in early years since 1992, and we’re opening new nurseries every year. We don’t acquire existing nurseries, so each of our settings is Fennies through and through, from our exceptional culture to our bespoke rooms. From day one, you’ll be supported by our tailored induction, and you’ll be given every opportunity to grow and develop in your career with guidance from the Fennies Academy.
Apply today to join our prestigious, family-run, award-winning nursery group.
As an Early Years Educator (Level 3), you’ll encourage your key children and build bonds with them and their families every day. You’ll assist with the routines in your room, whether that be naptimes, mealtimes, or creative activities. You’ll effectively implement your knowledge of birth to 5 and assess the development of your key children. You’ll actively support the Room Leader and role model best practices to unqualified team members. At Fennies, you’ll be supported to take the next steps in your journey and become your best self.
You’re the best at …
· Building caring relationships with children, families and your team
· Creating a fun and engaging learning environment by showing initiative and imagination that inspires those around you
· Succeeding as a team and with children and parents by effectively communicating and giving feedback
· Communicating and giving feedback to parents during handovers and through documented development reports
· Supporting your team members and being a positive role model, who looks to develop and suggest positive changes
What you know:
· A good knowledge of birth to 5 development and the EYFS curriculum
· A level 3 qualification in Childcare
· Have a minimum grade 4 or grade C in Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent)
· The best practice for key person system, safeguarding, health & safety, confidentiality
· How to safely administer First Aid and critical care policies
We’re the best at …
· Onboarding staff correctly in a paid induction to ensure you feel confident and supported from day one of your career at Fennies
· Communicating within our teams in regular meetings to give and receive feedback, mentor and ensure we are succeeding together
· Prioritising your well-being by offering monthly events that help you progress in your life outside of Fennies, learn to mix cocktails, get advice on mortgages or try a meditation class
· Providing new facilities to create an engaging environment for children to learn and for you to inspire young learners
· Offering you encouragement and development to grow in your career with the help of our internal Academy Team. Do you want to become a Room Leader? A Third in Charge? Or a Nursery Manager? We’ll help you get there
· Competitive salaries that match or exceed our competitors, pension scheme, staff discount for signing your children up to Fennies
· Internal education experts and specialists to support you in your rooms, and additional partnerships with external experts, such as Professor Sam Wass— from channel4’s Secret Lives of 4 and 5 Years Olds
· Well-being benefits, such as 33 days of annual leave, cycle to work scheme, team incentives, and events
· Free First Aid training, DBS training and uniform provided free of charge
· The Fennies Fresh Café provides an option of 3 free lunches served each day in our bespoke staff rooms, where you can relax
· Referral bonus of £500 for every friend or family members who want to join the Fennies family
Love the sound of working with Fennies? Join us today!